By placing an order with millerpages, you confirm that you are in agreement with and are bound by the terms and conditions below:
- The Client – The company or individual requesting the services of millerpages.
- millerpages – Primary website designer.
- millerpages will only carry out work for business clients who are 18 years of age or over. We do not design ‘personal’ websites.
- An ‘order’ is deemed to be an ‘agreement’ which millerpages will confirm in writing either by email or post.
- The client agrees to make available as soon as is reasonably possible to millerpages, all materials required to complete the site to the agreed standard and timescales.
- millerpages cannot take responsibility for any copyright infringements caused by materials submitted by the client. We reserve the right to refuse any material of a copyrighted nature unless adequate proof is given of permission to use such material.
- millerpages reserve the right to refuse to handle in any way, material which may be deemed offensive, illegal or in any way controversial.
- Any additions to briefs provided will be carried out at the discretion of millerpages. Where no charge is made by millerpages for such additions, millerpages reserve the right to charge an according amount for any correction to these or further additions.
- millerpages will not be liable for any costs incurred, compensation or loss of earnings due to the failure to meet agreed timescales due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Whilst every endeavour will be made to ensure that the website is free of errors, millerpages cannot accept responsibility for any losses incurred due to the malfunction of the website.
- The client is expected to test fully any application or programming relating to a site developed by millerpages before being made generally available for use.
- millerpages will endeavour to ensure that any website design or application will function correctly on the server it is initially installed upon and that it will function correctly when viewed with all current web browsing software. millerpages can offer no guarantee of correct function with older browsers.
- millerpages reserves the right to include your site design in our portfolio.
- By default our designs include a small discreet link in the footer of your site. You will need to let us know if you wish to have this removed.
- Millerpages offer shared hosting packages which are more than adequate for most small business sites.
- There are no set-up fees for our hosting, however a fee may be charged if you need data transferring from another host.
- The fee for hosting is payable in advance for a minimum term of 12 months.
- Fees relating to the renewal of web hosting must be paid prior to the expiration date of the service. If the fees remain unpaid at the time of expiration, we will with immediate effect, cancel the service and any data held will be removed. If a cancelled service is to be reinstated at the client’s request, a setup fee will be payable before any such reinstatement is made.
- Under no circumstances should any material which may be deemed offensive, illegal or in any way controversial be stored by the client on the web server. millerpages reserve the right to terminate the hosting service should the necessity arise.
- Functions such as host server up time and applications installed on any host server, fall outside the control of millerpages and therefore millerpages cannot guarantee availability at all times. millerpages will not be liable for any costs incurred, compensation or loss of earnings due to the unavailability, malfunction or interruption of the hosting service.
- Alternatively clients may use their existing web hosting or any alternative hosting, providing it meets the minimum requirements for the intended web design.
- Millerpages cannot be held liable for the legitimacy of your domain name or business name. You are advised to carry out your own research in this respect to avoid any conflict with existing businesses.
Standard fixed cost package
- This is payable in advance for a minimum term of 12 months.
- All updates to content under the Standard Maintenance package are subject to what millerpages consider to be reasonable use for the price charged. If updates are substantial or should later become substantial, a revised price will need to be agreed.
- Changes to website design will also be considered as part of the Standard Maintenance package but if the design changes are of a substantial nature they may, at the discretion of millerpages incur additional one off costs.
Pay as you go
- millerpages will provide the client with a quote for work required on an ad hoc basis which will vary in price depending on the amount of work involved.
Payment of Accounts
- millerpages is not VAT registered therefore any price quoted is free of VAT.
- An agreed deposit is required from any new client before any work is carried out.
- Once a website has been designed, agreed and completed, the client is obliged to pay the balance in full before the site is made live on the domain or the client is given ownership of the files. If the client decides they no longer want the site, they are still obliged to pay for the work done as they have commissioned the work and paid a deposit.
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque or Pay Pal via millerpages website. All payments will be acknowledged with a receipt by email or post.
- The website and all content supplied by millerpages, remains the property of millerpages until all outstanding accounts have been paid in full.
- It is millerpages policy that any outstanding accounts for work carried out by millerpages are required to be paid in full, no later than 21 days from the date of the invoice unless by prior arrangement with millerpages. millerpages will contact clients via email and telephone to remind them of such payments if they are not received when due.
- Non payment will result in legal action being taken if necessary through the Small Claims Court to pursue payment. Non payment can result in county court judgements (CCJs) being added to the clients credit rating. Following consistent non payment of an invoice our Solicitors will contact the client in question with a view to taking the matter further and if need be to seek payment through legal procedures, and if necessary court summons.
Your Right to Cancel
- You have the right to cancel an order up to and including 7 days after the date of your order and your deposit will be refunded in full. Notice to cancel must be made in writing, either by email or post.
- If you require millerpages to begin work on your website before the 7 day cancellation period, you must ask us to do so in writing, either by email or post. This will mean that you forfeit the right to cancel the order in full and will have to pay for all work done up to the point of withdrawing.
- You have the right to cancel up to and including 7 days after placing an order. After this time the maintenance package is non refundable.
- Please note that no maintenance will be carried out until the 7 day cooling off period has expired unless you request otherwise in writing, either by email or post. You will then have to pay for all work done up to the point of withdrawing.
Terminating Your Account
- Notice to cancel any of our services must be made in writing, either by email or post.
- No pro rata refunds will be given.
- Millerpages require one months notice to administer the termination of your hosting, email and maintenance service.
Anyone who experiences a problem with our service should raise the matter directly with us, giving sufficient information and clearly outlining the grounds for complaint. millerpages will aim to resolve the matter to the satisfaction of the complainant with the minimum delay.