By placing an order with millerpages, you confirm that you are in agreement with and are bound by the terms and conditions below:
- The Client - The company or individual requesting the services of millerpages.
- millerpages - Primary website designer.
- millerpages will only carry out work for business clients who are 18 years of age or over. We do not design 'personal' websites.
- An 'order' is deemed to be an 'agreement' which millerpages will confirm in writing either by email or post.
- The client agrees to make available as soon as is reasonably possible to millerpages, all materials required to complete the site to the agreed standard and timescales.
- millerpages cannot take responsibility for any copyright infringements caused by materials submitted by the client. We reserve the right to refuse any material of a copyrighted nature unless adequate proof is given of permission to use such material.
- millerpages reserve the right to refuse to handle in any way, material which may be deemed offensive, illegal or in any way controversial.
- Any additions to briefs provided will be carried out at the discretion of millerpages. Where no charge is made by millerpages for such additions, millerpages reserve the right to charge an according amount for any correction to these or further additions.
- millerpages will not be liable for any costs incurred, compensation or loss of earnings due to the failure to meet agreed timescales due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Whilst every endeavour will be made to ensure that the website is free of errors, millerpages cannot accept responsibility for any losses incurred due to the malfunction of the website.
- The client is expected to test fully any application or programming relating to a site developed by millerpages before being made generally available for use.
- millerpages will endeavour to ensure that any website design or application will function correctly on the server it is initially installed upon and that it will function correctly when viewed with all current web browsing software. millerpages can offer no guarantee of correct function with older browsers.
- millerpages reserves the right to include your site design in our portfolio.
- By default our designs include a small discreet link in the footer of your site. You will need to let us know if you wish to have this removed.
- Millerpages offer shared hosting packages which are more than adequate for most small business sites.
- There are no set-up fees for our hosting, however a fee may be charged if you need data transferring from another host.
- The fee for hosting is payable in advance for a minimum term of 12 months.
- Fees relating to the renewal of web hosting or domain names must be paid prior to the expiration date of the service. If the fees remain unpaid at the time of expiration, we will with immediate effect, cancel the service and any data held will be removed. If a cancelled service is to be reinstated at the client's request, a setup fee will be payable before any such reinstatement is made.
- Under no circumstances should any material which may be deemed offensive, illegal or in any way controversial be stored by the client on the web server. millerpages reserve the right to terminate the hosting service should the necessity arise.
- Functions such as host server up time and applications installed on any host server, fall outside the control of millerpages and therefore millerpages cannot guarantee availability at all times. millerpages will not be liable for any costs incurred, compensation or loss of earnings due to the unavailability, malfunction or interruption of the hosting service.
- Alternatively clients may use their existing web hosting or any alternative hosting, providing it meets the minimum requirements for the intended web design.
Payment of Accounts
- Standard fixed cost package
- This is payable in advance for a minimum term of 12 months.
- All updates to content under the Standard Maintenance package are subject to what millerpages consider to be reasonable use for the price charged. If updates are substantial or should later become substantial, a revised price will need to be agreed.
- Changes to website design will also be considered as part of the Standard Maintenance package but if the design changes are of a substantial nature they may, at the discretion of millerpages incur additional one off costs.
- Pay as you go
- millerpages will provide the client with a quote for work required on an ad hoc basis which will vary in price depending on the amount of work involved.
Your Right to Cancel
- millerpages is not VAT registered therefore any price quoted is free of VAT.
- An agreed deposit is required from any new client before any work is carried out.
- Once a website has been designed, agreed and completed, the client is obliged to pay the balance in full before millerpages will hand over ownership of the files. If the client decides they no longer want the site, they are still obliged to pay for the work done as they have commissioned the work and paid a deposit.
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque or Pay Pal via millerpages website. All payments will be acknowledged with a receipt by email or post.
- The website and all content supplied by millerpages, remains the property of millerpages until all outstanding accounts have been paid in full.
- It is millerpages policy that any outstanding accounts for work carried out by millerpages are required to be paid in full, no later than 30 days from the date of the invoice unless by prior arrangement with millerpages. millerpages will contact clients via email and telephone to remind them of such payments if they are not received when due.
- Non payment will result in legal action being taken if necessary through the Small Claims Court to pursue payment. Non payment can result in county court judgements (CCJs) being added to the clients credit rating. Following consistent non payment of an invoice our Solicitors will contact the client in question with a view to taking the matter further and if need be to seek payment through legal procedures, and if necessary court summons.
- Web Design
- You have the right to cancel an order up to and including 7 days after the date of your order and your deposit will be refunded in full. Notice to cancel must be made in writing, either by email or post.
- If you require millerpages to begin work on your website before the 7 day cancellation period, you must ask us to do so in writing, either by email or post. This will mean that you forfeit the right to cancel the order in full and will have to pay for all work done up to the point of withdrawing.
- Your hosting package may be cancelled at anytime and a pro rata refund for all remaining complete months will be given. Notice to cancel must be made in writing, either by email or post.
- Our maintenance package is non-refundable but you have the right to cancel up to and including 7 days after placing an order. Please note that no extensive maintenance will be carried out until the 7 day cooling off period has expired.
Anyone who experiences a problem with our service should raise the matter directly with us, giving sufficient information and clearly outlining the grounds for complaint. millerpages will aim to resolve the matter to the satisfaction of the complainant with the minimum delay.
millerpages is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may collect the following information
- What are cookies? Cookies are small information files that websites save to your computer, tablet or smartphone that help websites remember who you are and information about your visit.
- Need to know more? If you need to know more about cookies and how to manage or delete them, visit the about cookies website.
What we do with the information we gather
- Contact information including name, address, telephone number and email. We will only email you or contact you about work related matters.
- Details of your business.
- Other information relevant to customer feedback.
- Use it to communicate with you and manage your products.
- Manage our internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure your information.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over those websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- millerpages makes every effort to keep this website functioning correctly. However, millerpages takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control.
- millerpages endeavours to keep the information provided on these pages up to date and correct but make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- In no event will millerpages be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- Through this website you may be able to link to other websites which are not under the control of millerpages. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without millerpages prior consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
This website and its content are copyright of millerpages © 2011. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.